Model of an idealized Moist Atmosphere
MiMA is an intermediate-complexity General Circulation Model with interactive water vapor and full radiation. It is publicly available but users are asked to cite the appropriate references in any publication resulting from the use of MiMA. Please refer to the below sections for more information.
- Getting started: Downloading, compiling, test run
- Parameter settings: Default values and settings
- Version history: History of main additions and changes
- References: Required and relevant references
- License: License information
See the 30 second trailer on YouTube:
With time, I hope to post usage, papers, etc. which relate to MiMA here. If you’re a MiMA user, please let me know of any news at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 2017: Bugfix patch (v1.0.1) addresses incoming SW radation bugs
- June 2017: MiMA reference paper published in Journal of Climate: M Jucker and EP Gerber, 2017: Untangling the annual cycle of the tropical tropopause layer with an idealized moist model, J Clim, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0127.1
- Jucker and Gerber, J Clim (2017)
Gray radiation model
- Frierson, Held, Zurita-Gotor, JAS (2006)
- Frierson, JAS (2007)
- Frierson, Held, Zurita-Gotor, JAS (2007)
- Mlawer et al., JGR (1997)
- Iacono et al., JGR (2000)
- Iacono et al., JGR (2008)
- Clough et al., JQSRT (2005)
MiMA is distributed under a GNU GPLv3 license. That means you have permission to use, modify, and distribute the code, even for commercial use. However, you must make your code publicly available under the same license. See LICENSE.txt for more details.
AM2 is distributed under a GNU GPLv2 license. That means you have permission to use, modify, and distribute the code, even for commercial use. However, you must make your code publicly available under the same license.
RRTM/RRTMG: Copyright © 2002-2010, Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc. (AER, Inc.). This software may be used, copied, or redistributed as long as it is not sold and this copyright notice is reproduced on each copy made. This model is provided as is without any express or implied warranties.